Saturday, November 22, 2008

Blue, Denim & Jackets- Holga

Looking through my photos of people in street scenes I noticed the popularity of the color blue. Denim colored clothes seem to be popular with all age groups. On the fall day I took these photos I was surprised to see so many people in denim jackets.




Denim clothed women with young children crossing a busy street in New York.



An older man clad in denim in New York's Chinatown.



A woman wearing a longer denim jacket shops on a Saturday morning in New York.



So many people dressed in blue at a local Vermont Chili Cook Off.



Saturday shopping in New York's Chinatown.



More women dressed in denim jackets with an undulating apartment building in the background.


3 comments:

YTSL said...

Hi sbk --

Years (decades, actually) ago, I remember being privy to a conversation my mother had with a friend from New Zealand who seemed very old school in that she thought that denim jeans was a sign of rebellion, etc. and wouldn't allow her son to wear them. (Instead, the most casual he was allowed to go was corduroy.)

Wonder whether there still are people who still think like that nowadays. Have you (or any others of this blog's readers) ever encountered any?

sbk said...

hi ytsl,

I don't know about these days but when I was growing up the only people I saw wearing denim jackets were artists. They also wore light blue work shirts with the jackets which I thought was very cool. Guess what the first clothes I bought when I went away to college were.

durkin said...

nice work, very creative and fun to look at too!