Sunday, August 22, 2010

August - Early Morning

Rain showers were forecast so when I saw that the sun was out at 7:30 yesterday morning I grabbed my camera and took some photos. In mid-August here in Vermont the days are still warm/hot but the light changes and the nights are considerably cooler. At this time we know fall and winter are coming. "You can smell it the air." a friend tells me every year.



A local wooden church.


A stained glass window which I like for its simplicity.


These days I'm not sure if or how many of the services are held in Welsh.


The once lush greens are a bit tired looking.


And there is the occasional red maple leaf.


If I didn't spend so much time taking photos I could rake up the remnants of last year's dead leaves.

3 comments:

YTSL said...

"At this time we know fall and winter are coming. "You can smell it the air." a friend tells me every year."

In contrast, it still feels like the end of summer's a long way away in Hong Kong. If memory serves me right, Hong Kong is hottest in August though... so hopefully the worst summer heat is pretty much over.

sbk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sbk said...

hi ytsl,

Summers here in the northeast usa aren't very long.


I hope since the end of August is almost here the temperatures cool down a little for you in Hong Kong.