Thursday, January 13, 2011

What's Best of 2010 Anyway

I enjoy end of the year lists as I'm curious to see what other people think is best and if one of my bests is included on their list it validates my opinion. However like anything else too many is too much and my eyes glaze over and I stop reading them. Very specific lists for mysteries and Asian movies are the exception and these lists I continue to read. I also make up my own categories for best lists with only one book in each category.

This past year I've put Sophie Littlefield's A Bad Day For Sorry on display a lot in the bookstore where I work. I even have my own double best category for it.

Best Book Cover and Title of a Book


What a great cover which shows a patterned apron over a denim skirt, nobby knees, the lower 2/3rds of the person and a big black gun. The cover shows and you kinda know what the book is about. The title, A Bad Day for Sorry, pulls it together and if you like crime novels this one begs to be read.

3 comments:

YTSL said...

Hi sbk --

Hope your eyes didn't glaze over at my "best of" list!!! But/and thanks for announcing your one "best of" award. :)

sbk said...

hi ytsl,

No way do my eyes glaze over at your best lists.....they're too interesting not to read and enjoy!!!!
And even be a bit envious of....:-)

Sophie Littlefield said...

wow, i'm thrilled to be on your list :)