Friday, July 1, 2011

HOLGA - Experiment - Trees and Mountains

I took these run on photos looking into the late afternoon sun. The sun was behind the mountains in the darker side of the photos and above the mountains in the lighter side of the photos. Then I had some fun playing with the photos. In the past I have had the negative for run on photos (the negative is one long strip) developed from different starting points to get different run on photos. This time I decided to have the photos put in Photoshop to see what the different combinations looked like. Many thanks to my daugher for doing this.



Runon photo taken in the late afternoon on my drive home from work.



Next runon photo taken in the late afternoon on my drive home from work.




Photos put together in Photoshop. Sometimes when the photos match up this well I tape them together and take a digital shot of them but I didn't want the line between the photos to show.




Lighter sides of the photos put together in Photoshop.



Darker sides of the photos put together in Photoshop.


Many Holga users are purists about NOT tweaking the photos in anyway. The photo is the photo. I agree with this philosophy 98%. The other 2% likes to play around when I take photos like the above ones.






No comments: