Saturday, October 29, 2011

October Winter Wonderland Continues

The morning after the early snowfall was beautiful. The sun was out and everything was covered in snow. I knew I'd only have a brief time to take pictures as snow this early with sunlight shining on it melts within hours.


The sunlight was just beginning to light up these snow covered branches when I took this photo.


All the trees were covered in snow for a brief time.



The leaves haven't fallen off all the trees.



The tree on the left reminds me of a Dr Seuss character.







Look carefully to see the snow falling off the trees onto the bridge.



The snow covered willow trees looks like the head of a dinosaur to me.



Lots of texture on the snow cover grass and bushes.



A swampy area covered in snow.



Still some orange leaves on this tree.



More winter wonderland.

2 comments:

YTSL said...

Hi sbk --

How long did the October snow stay on the ground? Is it still on the ground? Hope not! :O

Still... I trust it didn't snow in May in Vermont... whereas it snowed in May in Wisconsin on the day of my graduation!!!

sbk said...

hi ytsl,

The snow was gone by the next afternoon.

It does occasionally snow here in May or June but doesn't stick. When M graduated in May in central Massachusetts it snowed. It was outdoors under a big tent and damp and cold.