Friday, February 3, 2012

Snow-kyo or Snow in Tokyo

This winter we have not had much snow here in Vermont. In fact we've had so little it doesn't last more than a day and then the (frozen) ground is bare again. Imagine my surprise last week in Tokyo when I stepped outside and saw not one but about two inches of snow. Several people had told me it does snow in Tokyo but melts right away. This snow lasted more than a day. And when asked I answered that, yes, I had brought the snow with me.



Early morning and this street is snow covered.



And yes people do use umbrellas when it snows in Tokyo.



Another snow covered street.



A Korean name and a heart in the snow. How romantic is this.



Bicycles are used by many people here to ride to the local train station or to take ones children to school.



Early morning and this man is off to work.



If I stand here long enough will the owner brush off the snow and ride away. Burr......it's too cold to wait and see.

2 comments:

YTSL said...

Hi sbk --

Lovely photos! And brrr, I feel cold just looking at them!! :D

Your Okinawa photos will be such a contrast to your Tokyo ones... ;b

sbk said...

hi ytsl,

Thanks for your comments and yes, it was much warmer in Okinawa, so I hope my photos show that.