Sunday, March 25, 2012

HOLGA-Beach-Churaumi Aquarium Okinawa

We saw a lot of people on the beach outside the Churaumi Aquarium so we ventured out to see what was the attraction. It was the green vegetation growing on the rocks which was exposed at low tide. People were walking on the vegetation and taking pictures. The green vegetation was wet and squishy above the bumpy rocks but not slippery so we joined the people exploring and taking photos.


I like the way the sun reflecting off the ocean silhouettes the people taking photos. Digital photo.




Green vegetation, ocean and what may or may a small island. Holga photo.




Green vegetation and Emerald Beach across the small bay. Holga photo.




People on the sandy part of the beach taking photos. Holga runon photo.




Outside Churaumi Aquarium. Holga photo.




Girl on the left taking a photo of me taking a photo. Holga runon photo.




Vegetation outside the Aquarium. Holga photo.

2 comments:

YTSL said...

Hi sbk --

I think that green vegetation was actually seaweed -- and possibly an edible sort too! And yes, that was an island -- the one with the volcano and a US military base, remember? (But sorry, I can't remember its name! ;S)

sbk said...

Hi ytsl,

Yes, indeed the green vegetation is seaweed and looks like Iwanori seaweed as it grounds on rocks and yes, it is edible.

And the island is Lejima which I thought(from the map I looked at) was further out in the ocean. Now that you remind me I do remember the volcano and military base.