Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tokyo Photos - Out and About


Here are a few 'along the way' photos I took as I was heading for specific destinations.



In Ebisu outside Yebisu Garden Place on the way to the Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Photography.


In Roppongi. Shot from a bus traveling to Shibuya Train Station.



Roppongi Hills area.



Roppongi Hills. It was much too cold to sit outside that day.



Taken late one night on a train to Shinjuku Station.




Taken at Zojoji-temple near Tokyo Tower. The ceramic stairs are decorative while the cement steps on the right are for use.


Taken outside the Tokyo Dome. Holgas in my favorite "camera" bag.



Taken with a new fun lens in Kita-Shinjuku.

5 comments:

YTSL said...

These are great photos, sbk! Were these snaps or carefully composed? :O

sbk said...

Hi ytsl,

Glad you like these. Except for the one of the ceramic steps (I squatted down to take the photo) these are snaps. While waiting or on a bus/train or walking along I just snap away if I see something interesting.

YTSL said...

Hi sbk --

Wow re those photos "just" being snaps for the most part. I particularly like the second photo with all the angles in it. Really, really nice. :)

sbk said...

Hi again ytsl,

Thanks again. I take tons of photos like this (I was skulking around you and M in Okinawa snapping away. I find they come out better if I'm alone or ignoring the people I'm with) but they never seem to have a central theme so I don't usually put them on my blog. Maybe I will now.

sbk said...

Hi again ytsl,

Thanks again. I take tons of photos like this (I was skulking around you and M in Okinawa snapping away. I find they come out better if I'm alone or ignoring the people I'm with) but they never seem to have a central theme so I don't usually put them on my blog. Maybe I will now.