Friday, November 23, 2012

Borrego Springs California-Borrego Valley Inn




On our recent trip to the Anza-Borrego Desert State Park we stayed at the Borrego Valley Inn which is surrounded by the desert and mountains in the distance. This was the perfect place for us to stay as the southwestern decor is delightful, the staff were friendly and helpful, our room with small kitchen area was very comfortable and the breakfast was tasty and healthy too.  At dawn I took my coffee outside and sat in a rocking chair facing the courtyard garden to watch the sunrise.  So peaceful. And yes, we would stay there again.



                                                Early morning at the Borrego Valley Inn.






          Sunrise over the Inn. Each room has a small area to sit and look into the courtyard garden.







                        Looking out from the courtyard garden at the desert and mountains.






               The sun beginning to set.  Notice how blue/purple the light makes the mountains look.






           At sunset the mountains became more purple and the temperature began to drop too.






                                               The desert outside the hotel grounds.






             I liked the contrast between the maintained courtyard garden area and the desert.






                                            Outside the hotel I had to watch where I stepped.

2 comments:

YTSL said...

I love the colors of the mountains! And all natural -- no need for Holga or other special camera effects, right? :)

sbk said...

hi ytsl,

Thanks for the comment. For the mountain shots I set the camera on manual mode and made some adjustments which of course I can't remember as I experimented with several shots and these two came out the best. I don't use photoshop, etc