Sunday, January 6, 2013

Icicles and Icicles


Yesterday icicles hanging from roofs and ice on small branches began to melt in the warm sun. The previous days were very cold, cloudy and the temperatures went from -5 degrees F (-20 C) in early mornings to a high of 17 degrees F (-8 C) later in the day. Typical winter weather yet every year we talk about the cold as if it were something new and different.

As I began snapping photos with my digital camera I reached in my coat pocket for a tissue and found a set of multi-image filter lens a friend had given me for my Holga cameras.   I held the filters in front of the lens on my digital camera and got what I think were fun effects.




                                           Icicles hanging from the roof of a house.





                                                          Icicles through a filter.





                                              Ice formed on tiny branches near the ground.





                                                           Ice seen through a filter.





                                 There's a hole that doesn't distort just off center to the right.





                            Another shot using the same filter as the one in the previous photo.

1 comment:

duriandave said...

Cool! I like the way you improvise.