Saturday, April 13, 2013

Too Many Books?







For the past two years the bookstore where I work has been part of one of  Books on the Nightstand's annual getaway weekends.  This year several of us were asked to talk to the attendees about books we were excited about. Each of us had twenty minutes. What fun I thought. What books to choose? Recent ones and maybe a couple of upcoming titles. 



      Recently read titles.  A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki is my favorite novel so far
      this year.  A Cold and Lonely Place by Sara J Henry, a favorite mystery.    



After making my choices I took a look at the many stacks of books in front of already filled bookcases.   Books everywhere.   Most titles I've read but there are lots I haven't.   Do I have too many books I asked myself.  I took some photos to look at to see the books from a different point of view.  No, I decided I don't have too many books.  Of course I deleted the photo that showed the whole room full of stacks of books.




                                                Some recent titles I'm reading or have read.





                                                                    Books I've read.





                        More books stacked three deep under a low table.  Most I've read.




           Books I liked.  The Chinese book is a photo book from the movie Okinawa Rendez-vous.




    The whole room isn't all books as you can see from the Hello Kitty and McDull things on top of
    some bookcases.



3 comments:

YTSL said...

Hi sbk --

You do have a lot of books -- but I still don't think it's too many! ;b

sbk said...

Hi ytsl,

Thanks for your comment. I don't think I have too many books either. Did you notice (did I thank you for the recommend?) I have both books about Japan written by Josie Dew. So enjoyable. Thanks for the head up about them.

YTSL said...

Hi again sbk -

Yes, did notice the Japan books by Josie Dew. And yes, you did thank me for the recommendations via email a while back. :)